Wednesday, March 11, 2009

To Love Is To Love

To love is to love, but how do you show it?
Don't fall for routine or you'll easily blow it.
It's unlike a poem cause it's always in motion,
Though poetry might help express an emotion.
Love should be more like a good pair of jeans,
The more that you wear it, the better it seems,
But your actions, not your words are for sure,
The things that would keep your love in the door.
"I love you, I love you", it's constantly said,
Keep saying, "I love you", till your face has turned red,
But it's only what you're feeling inside,
Love is an abstract like joy or like pride.
It can't be measured but it needs to be shown,
But how can one make ones emotions be known?
If only I knew then we wouldn't be fighting,
If only I knew then I wouldn't be writing.
It's all that I say but it isn't enough,
I guess you're afraid that I'm wording a bluff.
To love is to love, but how do you show it?
By all means, the moment you know, let me know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment