Monday, August 10, 2009

Buy Me A Book


Just buy me a book, that's all I need.
Cause I can kick back for hours and read.
(But maybe first I should change the sheets
Before running away from my defeats.)
See, I'm no good at poker and I'm worse at chess,
And the more I clean up, the greater the mess.
So even though I might be dyslectic,
It makes life's everyday so much less hectic.
And there's a morale involved,
And problems are solved,
And even the nastiest sinners absolved.
(Of course, they might have to die to gain absolution,
Or they might go insane from lack of delusion.)
But everyone gets what's coming to them and that's the bottom line.
By the time you reach that final page, everything has turned out fine.
And you can go back to life's everyday.
You know, do the dishes, put the laundry away.
Where you work like a slave for just a bit more than nothing,
And there's something that's missing (there's got to be something).
Yeah, just buy me a book, that's all I need.
Cause I can kick back for hours and read.

No comments:

Post a Comment