Monday, January 4, 2010

Holy Bible II, part III


Caine & Abel

And so it came to pass that Adam entered Eve and she begot a child, a man son well protruding hence was he named Caine.
Again did Adam know his wife and once more did Eve conceive a man son.
This child, much loved by his mother yet, misunderstood of his father did they name Abel.
Such were the wanton childhood years for the first borne of Eve and Adam and his brother for Caine did often love his brother in great measure.
As the years progressed, Caine became a worker of the ground and a raiser of crops for he knew to plant many a seed.
But Abel who knew only frolic did grow sheep.
So Abel left his brother who loved him so often to be with his sheep.
And upon his return, Caine spoke with Abel and took him to the field.
Caine slew his brother Abel.

Caine no longer had Nothing.
Something was within him and he named it 'jealousy'.
Yet Something-Else was within him, this he called 'self loathing'.
And Caine did what he considered to be the right thing and he went away and took onto himself a wife and she bore him children.


Song of Caine

Am I my brother's keeper?
Nothing can judge
Else it walks in my shoes
How might I live?
When I am betrayed
Am I not in waking death?
I toil for You
I toil for Nothing
When I plant a seed
I ask not for fruit
Only for the satisfaction of the seed well sown
But when my brother is not within me
I close my eyes from tears
I close my eyes and envision you
There in the darkness
You were with the multitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment