Saturday, February 14, 2009

Sorting Things Out



This time I'm gonna sort things out,
Gonna stop drinking cola and get my teeth fixed,
This time I'm gonna clean my thoughts of dirty bars and lap dances,
Gonna sort things out,
Take it one by one.

My stomach's full of gasses and my belly's full of junk food,
My teeth are full of cavities and my thoughts are full of shit,
Blasphemies, no more,
Gonna sort things out,
Take it step by step,

Maybe I'll move and go away,
Leave the sorting out for another day,
Responsibility's such a heavy thought,
But when I look there in the mirror,
Or when I'm half blind drunk staring at myself through a puddle in the gutter,
What do I see?
Me...

So I'll stop drinking booze,
Stop chasing whores and crazy whahoo's,
Take my suit to the cleaners and get my tie extra pressed,
Brush my teeth twice a day,
Make sure I use deodorant and shave,
Keep that shadow down to a minimum,
Eat all my vegetables,
Get some sunshine and breathe clean air,

Maybe I'll just disappear,
Leave my things behind and get out of here,
Things will anyway just lead to naught,
Responsibility's such a heavy thought,
But I'm tired of being weak,
And being unreliable,
But I'm tired of being tired too.

1 comment: